At Andrew Johnson Elementary School, our mission is:
Equipping and empowering tomorrow's leaders today.
Our vision is realized by focusing on:
- Utilizing a system to ensure ongoing staff learning in the 7 Habits and The Leader in Me principles.
- Integrating and consistently modeling the 7 Habits and leadership principles by staff.
- Ensuring there are systems in place for family and community engagement, collaboration, and communication.
- Empowering students, staff, and families to naturally articulate the language and the leadership principles of the 7 Habits.
- Providing a safe physical and emotional environment where everyone feels welcomed, valued, loved, and trusted.
- Implementing innovative schoolwide and classroom opportunities to support and develop students’ personal leadership skills.
- Collaborating in developing and tracking schoolwide WIGs (wildly important goals).
- Building student Leadership Notebooks to allow for reflecting on WIGs with peer accountability partners and utilizing this data to lead conferences.
- Planning collaboratively and reflecting as a staff in order to build relationships with students and empower them to become student leaders.